Data Protection Notice
Section 1 - Information on the collection of personal data
(1) This statement contains information on the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that relates to you personally, such as your name, address, email address, or user behaviour.
Rolko Kohlgrüber GmbH
Industriestr. 14 - 16
Tel.: +49 (0) 5425 9402-0
Fax: +49 (0) 5425 9402-20
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post addressed to the “Data Protection Officer” at the address above. The Data Protection Officer for the data controller is:
CEO: Frank W. Stroot, Lawyer, Data Protection Officer (TÜV)
Sutthauser Straße 285
(3) When you contact us by email, we save the data that you have provided (your email address, and where necessary your name and telephone number) in order to answer your questions. We delete data collected in this way when storage is no longer necessary, and restrict processing should statutory retention obligations apply.
(4) In the event that we commission a service provider to carry out individual functions within our service, or we would like to use your data for promotional purposes, we will provide detailed information on the respective processes below. We will also state the predetermined criteria for the duration of storage.
Section 2 - Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to personal data that relates to you:
Right of access,
Right to rectification or erasure,
Right to restriction of processing,
Right to object to processing,
Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to make a complaint to a supervisory authority for data protection about the processing of your personal data by us.
Section 3 - Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When you use our website purely informationally, i.e. you do not register or provide us with any other information, we only collect the personal data transmitted by your browser to our servers (server log files). If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6, Para. 1, sentence 1 letter f GDPR):
Date and time of request
Time difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Content of request (specific page)
Access status/HTTP status code
Amount of data transferred in each case
Website where the request originated
Operating system and its interface
Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned previously, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive, assigned by the browser you use. They allow certain information to be sent to the authority that has placed the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programmes or infect your computer with viruses. They serve to make the website more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookie; their scope and operating principles are described below:
Transient cookies (see b)
Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. Session cookies are transient cookies. They store a so-called session ID, which allows various requests from your browser to be attributed to the same session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you next visit our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined period of time, which can differ depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies in your browser security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences, for example to refuse acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may be unable to use all of the functions on this website.
Section 4 - Further functions and services on our website
(1) Alongside the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services which you can use, should you be interested. In general, you must enter further personal data for this, which is used to provide each service and to which the previously mentioned principles of data processing apply.
(2) In some instances, we use external service providers to process your data. These providers have been carefully chosen and instructed, are bound to follow our directives and are monitored regularly.
(3) Furthermore, we may share your personal data with third parties when our sale offers, competitions, contract conclusions or similar services are offered in conjunction with partners. You will receive more detailed information concerning this when entering your personal data or below in the offer description.
(4) Should our service provider or partner have its headquarters in a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this in the offer description.
Section 5 - Objection to or withdrawal of consent for data processing
(1) If you have given consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw this at any time. Any such withdrawal affects the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after this has been expressed to us.
(2) If your personal data is processed based on the balance of interests, you can file an objection against processing. This is particularly relevant when processing is not necessary in order to fulfil a contract with you, which we will illustrate in the following description of functions. When making such an objection, we kindly request an explanation of the reasons why we should not continue to process your personal data as we have done. Should your objection be justified, we will assess the situation and either cease or adjust data processing or demonstrate to you our compelling reasons based on which we will continue processing.
(3) Naturally, you can object to the processing of your personal data for promotional purposes or purposes of data analysis at any time. You can use the following contact details to inform us of your objection to advertising: Email: email@example.com or use the contact details listed in Section 1 under Data Controller, Para 2.
Section 6 - Data protection for applications and in application processes
The entity responsible for processing collects and processes applicants’ personal data in order to complete the application process. Processing may also take place electronically. This applies in particular when an applicant sends his/her application documents to the person responsible for processing electronically, such as by email or via the form on our website. Should the person responsible for processing sign an employment contract with the applicant, the data transferred is stored to complete the employment process, taking statutory provisions into consideration. Should no employment contract be signed between the entity responsible for processing and the applicant, application documents are automatically deleted six months after notification of rejection, provided deletion does not contradict the other legitimate interests of the entity responsible for processing. Other legitimate interests in this respect include the burden of proof in proceedings under the German General Act on Equal Treatment (Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz - AGG) for example. Applicants have the right to withdraw consent to processing at any time. Art. 88 GDPR, Section 26 German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) applies.
Section 7 - Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use the Google Maps service on this website. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and makes the map function easy for you to use.
(2) When you visit our website, Google receives information as to which subpage of our website you have opened. The data specified in Section 3 of this statement is also transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether you have an account with Google which you are logged into, or whether you do not have an account. If you are logged into Google, your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not want your data to be assigned to your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a user profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. This kind of analysis is carried out (even for users who are not logged in) in particular to produce appropriate advertising and to inform other users of the social network of your activity on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile. You must contact Google to exercise this right.
Section 8 - Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and enable the analysis of your use of the website. Generally, the cookie-generated data regarding your use of this website will be forwarded to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be stored by Google in shortened form within member states of the European Union or in other countries that are contracting parties to the agreement in the European Economic Area. The complete IP address shall only in exceptional cases be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services regarding website activity and Internet usage to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data held by Google.
(3) You may stop these cookies from being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, we wish to point out that doing so may mean you will not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and data relating to your usage of the website (incl. your IP address) and the processing of data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizelp()” extension. This abbreviates IP addresses for further processing so that it cannot be associated with a particular individual. If data collected about you identifies you personally, this will also be immediately excluded and personal data swiftly deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to help us to analyse the use of our website and make regular improvements. We use the statistics obtained to improve and better organise our services for you as a user. In the exceptional event that personal data is transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art.6 Para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR.2
Section 9 - Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online service, which are stored at https://www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website. They are all integrated in “extended data protection mode”, which means that no data about you as a user is transferred to YouTube if you do not play these videos. The data specified in Paragraph 2 is only transmitted if you play these videos. We have no influence over this data transmission.
(2) When you visit our website, YouTube receives information as to which subpage of our website you have opened. The data specified in Section 3 of this statement is also transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether you have an account with YouTube which you are logged into, or whether you do not have an account. If you are logged into Google, your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not want your data to be assigned to your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as a user profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. This kind of analysis is carried out (even for users who are not logged in) in particular to produce appropriate advertising and to inform other users of the social network of your activity on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile. You must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
Section 10 - Google reCaptcha
We use Google reCaptcha service to determine if a human or computer is typing in our contact or newsletter form. Google uses the following data to check whether you are a human or a computer: the IP address of your end device, the page you visit on our website containing the captcha, the date and duration of the visit, the identification data of the device Browser and OS you are using, your Google account, when you're logged, mouse movements on the reCaptcha surfaces, and tasks that require you to identify the images. The legal basis for the described data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f General Data Protection Regulation. There is a legitimate interest on our part in this data processing to ensure the security of our website and to protect our website from automated input (attacks).
Section 11 - Online orders
(1) If you wish to use our system for online orders, you must enter the personal data which we require in order to process your order so that the contract can be concluded. We will process the data provided by you in order to process your order. We may also share your payment data with our main bank. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 letter b GDPR.
(2) We are obligated by trade and tax legislation to store your address, payment and order data for ten years. However, we restrict processing after (two years), which means that your data is used only to comply with legal obligations.
Section 12 - Referrals to third-party websites (links)
Where you are able to access third-party websites from our website through links, please note that we have no control over the content design of these third-party sites and therefore accept no liability for their legality, accuracy or completeness. These links are offered purely to provide our customers with easy access to information from third parties. We expressly confirm that we do not own any content offered by third parties on their websites. Please read the data protection and legal notices on the websites of these third parties.
Section 13 - Notes on persons under 16 years of age
Our website is not intended for children under 16 years of age and we shall not intentionally collect, use, provide or otherwise process any personal data concerning children under 16. We ask persons under 16 years of age not to send us any personal data (such as their name, address or email address). If you are under 16 years of age and would like to ask a question or use this website in any other way that requires you to enter personal data, please ask your parents or legal guardians to do this for you in your name.
Section 14 - Changes to this statement
Status: May 2019